It’s still hitting 100° F almost every day here (ick), but I’m trying to get into the fall (autumn) spirit! Here’s a list of bookish things to do before fall is over!
- Make (crochet, knit, etc.) a Harry Potter house scarf
- Curl up with a pumpkin spice latte (or any fall drink) and a good book
- Read a fall-themed book
- Dress up as a book character for Halloween
- Have book club around a bonfire
- Take a walk while listening to an audiobook
- Read a spooky novel/thriller
- Light a candle to read next to
- Build a blanket fort to read inside of!
- Make a fleece blanket for cozy reading
- Read a novel with a supernatural character
- Make butterbeer
- Make an autumn recipe from your favorite book
- Find a new bookstore
- Read a book about football
- Carve a pumpkin with a bookish theme/character
- Make autumn decorations out of books pages
- Find a new coffee shop
- Buy a used book
- Learn archery (because so many book characters know how, why shouldn’t you?)
- Donate books you don’t need/want anymore
- Do a fall photo shoot for Bookstagram
- Attend a library hosted program
- Have a picnic! When you’re full, lay down and relax with a good book
- Find out of there is a free little library near you
- Make a list of books you are thankful for
- Go antiquing and find a vintage book
- Create a 3D pumpkin out of book pages
- Create a kindle cover out of an old sweater
- Read about a fall holiday (such as Dia de los Muertos, Oktoberfest, etc.)
Which one are you most excited to do? What should I add to this list?
How about play a book related casino slot machine…Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, Sherlock Holmes…then fall on top of your money and read a book!