This is one I’ve wanted to do for a long time! It’s a great way to use earrings that you only have one of. Plus, it’s super quick and they turn out really pretty!
Charms (I used earrings that I only had one of)
Liquid Stitch (optional)
- Match a charm to a ribbon. I held my chosen charm up to each ribbon until I found a pair that looked good together.
- Measure and cut the ribbon to the desired length. I made mine about an inch longer on either side of a book – I just used whichever book was closest. The great thing about these is that its easy to make many at once – so you can make a bunch in different lengths if you want.
- Choose the clamp closure size that best matches your ribbon. My clamp closures came in a pack of three different sizes, which was great. Use the needle-nose pliers to close the clamp closure around one end of the ribbon (preferably whichever end is less neat).
- Use a jump ring to attach the charm of your choice to the clasp closure.
- If desired, use a fray protector to finish the other end. I left mine as-is.
- Ta-da! Now go read a book and use your ribbon bookmark to mark your place!
LikeLiked by 1 person