My friend came up with this idea and I thought it sounded like a lot of fun! Here’s a short quiz to sort your dog into a Hogwarts House. Keep track of how many As, Bs, Cs, and Ds they get. I’ve included photos of my dog, because I think she’s adorable. ❤
- You take your dog to the a brand new dog park. They:
- Bravely bounce into the park, introducing themselves to all the dogs.
- Stick right by your side, annoyed if another dog tries to approach you.
- Are mostly interested in the agility toys (hoops, jumps) set up.
- Quickly introduce themselves to the other humans present, figuring out how to get pets/scratches from each.
- You place a treat under one of three upside-down cups. They:
- Wait for you to reveal where the treat is.
- Sniff until they’ve found the right cup, and push it over to receive the treat.
- Immediately go to the correct cup and treat, no sniffing required.
- Knock over all three cups to find the treat.
- A visitor comes over for the first time. Your dog:
- Runs happily up to the person, wagging their tail.
- Sticks by your side until you indicate that the visitor is okay.
- Does something new and unexpected each time you have a new visitor.
- Doesn’t let the person in until they have been thoroughly sniffed and approved of.
- It’s time for a treat! Your dog prefers:
- Pretty much anything you give them. They’re always up for something new!
- A simple puzzle toy, like a Kong filled with peanut butter
- A complex puzzle toy, where they have to solve a puzzle to get a treat dispensed (like a shuffle board or flip board)
- A chew, such as a bull stick or beef knuckle
- Does your dog have any nervous habits?
- Nope, they’re always confident.
- They yawn.
- They hide.
- They stick out their tongue or lick their nose.
- Does your dog bark a lot?
- Only if approached by an unfamiliar dog or person.
- All the time.
- Only if you ask them to “speak”.
- Yes, but only at a low volume.
- You take your dog to an obedience class. They:
- Grow bored after a while and start exploring the area.
- Keep trying until they get every command perfectly.
- Pick the commands up quicker than all the other dogs in the class.
- Figure out how to get to the treats without following a command.
- Would your dog make a good service dog?
- Maybe. They’re generally kind to everyone, but also love adventures.
- Absolutely! My dog would do anything for me.
- Sure – they’re a quick learner.
- Nope, there’s no way they wouldn’t get into trouble.
- You take your dog hiking. They:
- Run ahead to scout out the trail.
- Never get tired and stick by your side the whole time.
- Want to sniff everything.
- Stay close, but as the leader of your “pack”.
- You give your dog a new toy. They:
- Destroy it.
- Are obsessed with it and play with it for hours.
- Quickly grow bored with it.
- Would rather play with the packaging.
Mostly As: Gryffindor – your dog is courageous, brave, and chivalrous.
Mostly Bs: Hufflepuff – your dog is a hard worker, is patient, just, and loyal.
Mostly Cs: Ravenclaw – your dog is intelligent, creative, a quick learner, and witty.
Mostly Ds: Slytherin – your dog is ambitious, cunning, resourceful, and a good leader.
(House descriptions from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogwarts.)
In case you’re wondering, that means my dog is a Gryffindor. (Although Ravenclaw was a close second.)
What house was your dog sorted into?