Clara works in the fashion industry and finds herself dating two men at once. One is a nice, safe guy and the other is super-hot – but works for her company.
What I Liked
- I learned new words/events? This book takes place in England, so there were definitely a couple of things that had to look up, such as:
- Highway Code
- Bonfire Night
- This book reminded by of The Devil Wears Prada, which I’m not a fan of either. Thankfully Meet Clara Andrews wasn’t as dreadfully descriptive and dry as The Devil Wears Prada. It was a quick, light read.
- This book has the distinction of being the first two star review on my blog. Two star books don’t come along very often because I rarely finish a book that I dislike. So at least the author had the skill to keep me reading, and to make me feel some sort of emotion towards the book, even if it wasn’t a positive emotion.
What I Didn’t Like
- This book seems like it’s in the wrong format. Like it would be great as a series of news articles (instead of chapters) or as a TV series or something like that. But the super short chapters seemed unnecessary and awkward, and you could tell that the main character’s voice/personality would come across a lot better on screen than it did on the page.
- There were way too many ellipses. Almost every chapter ended with them, which drove me crazy.
- There were also way too many cliche phrases. I wish I could provide examples, but my Kindle Unlimited subscription expired and the book got sucked back to Amazon. 😛
This book would be better off as a light hearted TV show, but lacks substance as a novel. If you’re looking for a romance novel, there are plenty better out there. (Check out my recommendations here!)