Molly had a crush on Dylan for years while she was growing up. But he was ever only interested in her sister. After Dylan and Molly’s sister break up, Dylan moves out of town, leaving Molly with a ring and a promise of an adventure. Over a decade later, Molly has had the epitome of bad weeks and decides she’s had enough. She tracks down Dylan and asks him to follow through on his promise for an adventure.
What I Liked
- It’s sort of Christmas themed. Which is a big plus for me!
- This book was more fade-to-black than Susan Mallery’s typical romances. That’s not to say it was squeaky clean, nor is it to say that I rate books solely on their adult content. I just found that this author (and many others) tends to focus on the plot more when she can’t use adult content as a filler.
- The characters aren’t perfect. Neither of the two main characters (Dylan and Molly) are cookie-cutter. It was fun to discover their quirks, and it was also great to see them struggle with their inadequacies. It made the story more realistic.
- The story wasn’t insta-lovey. The characters have history, and I got to see the characters grow in their feelings for each other. They didn’t just start out with an instant attraction.
- Overall, this was just a super cute story, with lots of little revelations along the way that hooked me and kept me reading.
What I Didn’t Like
- It wasn’t on-the-edge-of-my-seat-oh-my-gosh sort of exciting, but it was exactly what I was looking for in a holiday romance. Just keep that in mind if you’re looking for something a little bit more adventurous.
If you want a cute holiday romance (and are okay with PG-13 content) then this book is for you!
Find it on: Goodreads | Amazon (affiliate link)
Sounds like an interesting story…I mig
Might have to check it out(sorry kiddo bumped me and I hit send to soon lol)
It’s a perfect read for the season. ❤ Thanks for stopping by!
LikeLiked by 1 person
[…] 1 year ago: Book Review: Forgotten Carols by Michael McLean 2 years ago: Book Review: The Christmas Wedding Ring by Susan Mallery […]